An important lighting tool for urban street lighting is the LED street light. Today, a wide variety of LED street lights outdoor are a common sight everywhere. These street lamps can be found in many places, such as parks, squares, and residential areas. It is effortless to put together an LED street lamp. A lamp pole and cap can be used to achieve lighting. The LED lamp cap is a critical component of a LED street lighting fixture. The high-powered LED lamp cap is rapidly entering the market for conventional street lights. The following section will introduce you to the knowledge about LED lamp caps, which will hopefully help you the next time you choose a LED street lamp cap.
What is an LED street light cap?
Vast energy waste has been caused by the low luminous efficiency in high-pressure sodium lamps. Therefore, for urban lighting, it is vital to develop new street lamp caps that are low-cost, energy-saving, and have high luminous efficiency. The lamp cap of the LED street light is made of aluminum alloy die-casting, which has good heat dissipation, waterproof and dustproof performance. The surface of the luminaire is UV and corrosion-resistant and can withstand high temperatures. The overall luminaire meets the IP66 standard. The LED street lamp cap is suitable for various light distribution, saving energy and eliminating light pollution.
Benefits of using an LED lamp cap in street lights
- The LED lamp cap for road lighting is unique because it emits unidirectional light with no light diffusion. And it has a secondary optical design. This irradiates light from the LED street lamps cap to the desired lighting area, increasing lighting efficiency and achieving the goal of energy savings.
- LED street light caps have a much better light color rendering property than high-pressure sodium lamps. The index of the LED street light cap is higher at 75.
- LED street lamps have a very low light decay, less than 3 percent in one year. However, it will still meet the lighting requirements for road lighting after ten years. The traditional high-pressure sodium lamp will have a higher level of light decay than the LED lamp. It will drop below 30% after one year.
- Low-voltage devices such as LEDs are safer than high-voltage power sources. This makes them ideal for public lightings like square lighting, road lighting, park lighting, and other types of lighting.
- Street lighting lamps using LEDs as light sources have a longer life span and can last more than 50,000 hours. This makes them ideal for public lighting. However, the power supply’s lifetime cannot be guaranteed.
- The overall luminous efficiency of LED street lamps is higher than that of conventional high-pressure sodium lamps.
Road lighting fixtures with LED lamp caps also have drawbacks.
- A single LED is very inefficient. Multiple parallel connections are necessary to achieve high power.
- High-powered LED light sources are used in street lamp caps. There is a difficult-to-solve heat dissipation issue with high-power LEDs. After overheating, the brightness will be greatly lowered, and there will be severe light decay. Thus excessive power must be avoided.
- There is a possibility of light spot problems. The defect in white LED manufacturing processes is what causes light spots. On top of that, you can’t ignore the matching error between the white LED and the reflection cup or lens.
How to choose the right LED street light cap?
You want long-lasting street lights that are durable and reliable. A good-quality LED lamp cap is a must for street lighting and plays a vital role. Therefore, consider LED street lamp caps carefully when selecting LED street lamps. In addition, regular maintenance is important. Some LED street lamps are not functional when maintained them. This could be due to damage or internal failure of the LED street lamp caps. So how can you choose the best LED street light cap to prevent damage as much as possible?
1. Choose the high-quality chip for the LED street light cap
The LED street light cap is made of high-lumen chips, which can improve light efficiency. It uses a double gold wire connection to increase current flow. This LED street lamp effect is better, stronger, more stable, and lasts longer. Many LED chips are available on the market, but they vary in quality. Some LED chips are low quality and have a shorter service life. We should select high-quality brands of LED chips when choosing.
2. Choose a LED lamp cap that has good heat dissipation
The LED street lamp cap uses industrial-grade heat dissipation technology. It has excellent thermal conductivity. This allows for better heat convection with the exterior air, reduces heat dissipation times, increases heat dissipation efficiency, and extends the life expectancy of LED street lamps. The heat dissipation performance for LED street lamp caps is poor. This can lead to excessive internal heat, which can cause damage to LED chips and the phenomenon of not shining. So remember to choose a LED lamp cap that has good heat dissipation.
3. Choose durable and reliable power supply products
The driving power supply is what allows LED street lights to convert high voltage to low voltage. This link can be very dangerous and requires high-quality power supply products to ensure long service life. The waterproof power supply is durable and reliable, with high power efficiency and low power loss. Electronic components and related materials are outstanding and provide anti-power grid surge protection to prolong the life of lamps.
4. The lamp body of the LED street lamp cap
The lamp cap of the LED street light is made of aluminum alloy die-casting, which has good heat dissipation, waterproof and dustproof performance. The surface of the lamp body is UV and corrosion-resistant and can withstand high temperatures. The overall luminaire meets the IP66 standard.
5. Diffusers for LED street lamp caps
High-strength toughened glass is used for the diffuser of LED street lights. This glass undergoes a special treatment that doesn’t leave spots, and light transmittance is very close to 100%.
6. The LED street light cap lens
The LED street lamp cap lens is crucial because it affects the use of light. Optical lenses are designed to distribute light in a reasonable and even way. This makes the light more uniform and brighter.
7. IP protection rating
The high-quality silica gel sealing rings and breathing apparatus in the LED street lamp caps ensure that IP66 protection can be achieved during the service life of the lamp. This will guarantee good lighting performance and lower the cost of the LED lamp cap.
After reading this article, do you already know some tips on choosing an LED light cap? You must know some of them, as this can extend the life of your street lights as long as possible. The right LED lamp cap will reduce the chance of street lamp failure, improve the lighting effect, and help to maintain the LED street lamps’ stability. In addition, If you want your LED street lamps to last a long time, make sure that you choose the best LED street light manufacturers.
Kanglight is one of the best Chinese LED street light manufacturers. We can offer you good quality and freely shaped outdoor LED street lights, such as cobra head LED street lights. The lamp cap of the LED street lamp is made of aluminum alloy die-casting, which has good heat dissipation, waterproof and dustproof performance. The surface of the luminaire is UV and corrosion-resistant and can withstand high temperatures. The overall luminaire meets the IP66 standard. The LED street light cap is suitable for various light distribution, saving energy and eliminating light pollution. If you want to get the most from your investment, come and choose us!